Gondwana Choirs go online for Term 3 with a broad slecetion of interactive musical courses for all ages, presented on Zoom.
With these these courses you can improve your aural and sight singing or develop your skills as a singer, learn about composing for the movies or delve into the world of musical theatre giant Stephen Sondheim, travel the world to discover the art of Konnakkol or traditional songs from different cultures in Songs from Home.
Presented by outstanding artists and educators, there is something for everyone and no previous experience with Gondwana Choirs is required. Browse the courses and pick your favourites from your age bracket. Everyone is welcome to enrol but class sizes are limited.
The Gondwana Online courses will run for 8 weeks* , starting in the week commencing 27 July. Each course has 1 x 45-minute class* per week. Courses are for ages 10 and over, using real-time Zoom sessions, along with the Slack platform for supporting material and additional resources.
*Unless listed otherwise
Click here to enrol and for more information.
Dates: from week commencing 27 July (courses run until Saturday 19 August)
Course length: 8 weeks (unless listed otherwise)
Cost: $160 + booking fee
Courses: The full list of courses available on Gondwana Online is:
• Conducting Physics (Anthony Trecek-King)**
• Songs from Home (Nicholas Ng and guests)
• The Art of Konnakkol (Lisa Young)
• Madrigals to Minimalism: Singing through the Ages (Lotte Betts-Dean)
• Putting It Together – The Music of Stephen Sondheim (Owen Elsley)
• Musical Theatre (Queenie van de Zandt)
• Scoring for the Silver Screen (Jessica Wells)
• Voice Building and Connection – for tenors and basses (Andrew O’Connor)
• Choral Culture: Knowledge Collective – for trebles (Anna Fraser)
• Sight Singing and aural skills (various Gondwana Choirs educators)
** Please note: The duration of this course is 6 weeks (first class Saturday 1 August 2020 – final class Saturday 5 September 2020), classes are 1 hour long **